One of the hidden stones you immediately hit while moving web sites from one platform to another is the numerous links that search systems store momentarily become obsolete. Of course there are ways to make old links point to same places but sometimes the construct like http://aquashieldonline.com/cgi-bin/order_form.cfm ?step=2 doesn’t really make any sense anymore… So what you do (especially if you moved from ColdFusion to PHP) is you just make all old links point to the first page and be content… for some time, until you discover that since old links don’t work and new links didn’t propagate yet the site is almost invisible in search engines like Yahoo, Google, MSN and so on…
- Own vs Rent: Why Hosting Your Web Site On Someone Else’s Platform Is A Great Idea
- Own vs Rent: Why Hosting Your Blog or Web Site on Someone Else’s Platform is a Bad Idea
- O Customer, Where Art Thou?
- Cloud Storage Comparison – 2014 edition
- Supplies And Cost Optimization
- Truth About Deal Sites. Part 2 – While You’re At It
- Truth About Deal Sites. Part 1 – In The Beginning
- Before Opening The Doors
- Location, location, location
- The Case For Business Cards: Android Apps For Business Cards
- The Only Good Time For Optimization Was Yesterday
- SOPA Support Prompts Customer Exodus From GoDaddy. Oh, And We Are Leaving Too.
- It’s The Matter Of Perception
- Interviewing Candidates – What Your Questions Say About You
advertising annoyances at&t blog blogging business cell phones cellular clients customer service design domain names domains entrepreneur fraud Google hosting humor internet iPhone laptop marketing microsoft mobile outsourcing PDA personal PR programming sales seo services shopping small business smart phones software spam technology travel upgrade usability web web site wordpress zealus.com