In continuation of Blogging Editor saga – here’s some crazy ideas that I think worth mentioned. Not sure what would be the best course of action – write the whole thing up and pass it to someone who can create a piece of software or jump on this project myself. The problem with creating the software myself is that I do programming for Windows only. And a lot of bloggers use Mac. And I don’t even have Mac, and never had.
- Have different flavors of the software – Windows, Linux, Mac
- Have two types of software – free and paid
- Probably outsource free version, while paid would have more elaborate features, targeted to Pro bloggers
- Have the software to back up posts and tags into some sort of database that can be accessed without the software itself (like OpenOffice database or similar)
- Ability to work with all major blogging platforms, including WordPress, WordPress.com, LiveJournal, Xanga, Vox, Blogger and so on.