Search keywords – revelations from AOL
After widely known AOL’s mishap, when certain search logs got available to public, the data spread around like crazy. Ofcourse we’ve got a sample for our internal use. Analysis had revealed the following:
– most people need another search system to find Google, Yahoo or MSN. Apparently somebody out there is actively working on a search system to find AOL.
– eBay seems to be second most popular search term (after Google, ofcourse). Nobody knows where it is, but we know it’s out there somewhere!
– People hooked on AOL really need to get a grasp on reality and stop searching for ‘internet‘ on AOL. It’s out there, really! AOL is a part of it, not the other way around.
– a lot of people are looking for weather. Open the damn window, it’s closer then you, nerds, think!
– MySpace is another major search term (number of terms, actually). Really, Microsoft should make it much easier to remember to attract more people.
– surprisingly enough another hit term is “bank of america“. Why? Why? Why don’t people look for “free money” or “free lunch” is beyond comprehension.
– it’s amazing how some search terms are aligned. Sorted by frequency descending here’s the list further down:
- white pages
Obviously – not all make it to the finish line… poor people. Next sequence is even more dramatic. Just look:
I’ve heard that because of recent events the tickets to Mexico are really cheap.
That’ll be all for today, thanks, you’ve been great!
Yours truly, Zealus.com